Monday, November 23, 2015

The Night Before

Lets be honest, I get way too excited for Seth Rogen movies. I am aware that not quite all of them are that entertaining to watch, but a Seth and James Franco combo? I'm there. (It's a guilty pleasure.)
I couldn't wait any excess days to see this. So I decided to see The Night Before at Silvercity, myself, and let me tell you, it was a real treat.

This movie plot is about a few men who celebrate their last Christmas Eve celebration consisting of drugs, alcohol and heavy partying, due to the fact that they're all grown fully into adulthood and their lives are just too busy to keep partying the way they usually do.
One final year to let it all out!
This was one of the biggest drug induced Rogen films I've seen, besides Pineapple Express of course, and I have to say, seeing Rogen spaz out in the men's washroom, with shrooms and cocaine pumping through his body and recording horrid iPhone videos on his phone admitting his life problems, is one of the best scenes from a movie I'll remember for a while. Rogen was the main catch in this film for hilarity; his Jewish sweater/Jesus jokes being the icing on the cake! Joseph Gordon Levitt, however, was just a pretty face to look at. He blends well into Seth Rogen's background, but why are you okay with settling in the background?
What I'm saying is, why be in a comedy if you're going to be outwitted and not funny? But no hard feelings here for Levitt, we all love him. Especially in his Christmas sweater! Anyways...

Anthony Mackie's scenes were quite a handful and awkwardly funny. Personally, I like him better in action movies.
The fact that almost the rest of the cast is from The Interview makes it that much better, even if James Franco is only in it for a homo erotic clippet.

Tired of movie surfing and just absolutely CANNOT decide what to watch on Netflix?! Well, if you're looking for a nice holiday movie, then watch The Night Before! It's got your jokes, racism, drugs, love interests, babies, snow, Miley Cyrus. The list just never ends.
And it's fun for the whole family!

I recommend this movie definitely. It got sort of weird at times, and random, but what were you expecting? There's some scenes in there that you'll really get a kick out of. Go watch, go watch!




No comments: